About Hervey Bay Health Club
We’re a locally operated fitness facility and we’re excited to offer a diverse range of services for all ages and abilities. We employ full time Fitness Consultants who work with our members to ensure that they are on track to achieve their fitness goals.
Our vision is to support the community and families in embracing a healthy lifestyle. Part of this vision has involved the extensive re-modeling of an existing Hervey Bay treasure – the Newhaven Sports Centre. By using quality materials and enlisting experts, we can now offer a premier health club to the community.
We are Hervey Bay’s only Les Mills accredited facility, offering a large number of Group Fitness classes to suit everyone’s fitness goals! Our Group Fitness classes are designed for everyone from beginners to experienced members, so anybody can come in and enjoy all that our qualified instructors have to offer.
Our Fitness Consultants are qualified to discuss topics such as nutrition as well as develop programs and monitor technique to ensure our members get the most from their time with us.
Come in to work-out in air conditioned comfort and enjoy our modern surrounds and equipment.
Kids Club – “Quality care for your kids while you work out”
- Monday to Friday mornings – 8.30am to 12.00 noon
- Monday to Thursday nights – 4.00pm – 6.30pm
- Saturday Morning – 8am to 12.00 noon
- Cost: $1 per child per 30 Minute session or using pre-paid card system – $25 for 25x 30 minute sessions
- Bookings essential
We have created a fun, safe and clean environment for kids and babies, and our friendly team of qualified childminders enjoy doing a range of activities with the kids.
Miss Amanda’s Swim School
Learn to swim (3 yrs – Adults)
$15 half hour 1st lesson/wk
Maximum of 3/4 students per class (lower levels)
Maximum of 5/6 students per class (higher levels)
Parents & Babies (6mths – 3yrs)
$15 half hour 1st lesson/wk
Maximum of 6 students per class
Private lessons (All ages)
$40 half hour lesson
Payment terms: $30 non-refundable deposit payable at the time of booking to secure your spot in the program. Remaining term fees payable by the 2nd week of term.
Are you interested in participating in and learning Taekwondo here at the gym?
Current session times are:
Tuesdays: 6.00pm to 7.00pm
Sundays: 9.00am to 10.30am
5th Dan Master Instructor. Cost is only $5 per session for members and family. Other session times can be arranged.
No grading fees, no joining fees, just a yearly fee to Taekwondo Australia for registration/insurance.
Cost: Free to Hervey Bay Health Club Members
Bookings: Call the club – 07 4128 9355
Times: Courts are available during club opening hours.
Courts: Four in total, two with glass back.
- Hervey Bay Squash Club
- Ray Strachan 0411 757 732
- Monday and Thusday nights Senior comp
- Wednesday & Friday night junior training and comp
- Tuesday and Thursday mornings 9-12 Ladies comp
Active Body Conditioning – Exercise Physiologists
Introducing Active Body Conditioning, now at the Hervey Bay Health Club.
What is an Exercise Physiologist?
Exercise and Sports Science Australia (ESSA), the governing organisation of exercise physiologists in Australia describes exercise physiologists: “Accredited exercise physiologists (AEPs) hold a four-year university degree and are allied health professionals who specialise in the delivery of exercise for the prevention and management of chronic diseases and injuries. AEPs provide support for clients with conditions such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, osteoporosis, mental health problems, cancer, arthritis, pulmonary disease and more. AEPs are eligible to register with Medicare Australia, the Department of Veterans’ Affairs and WorkCover and are recognised by most private health insurers.”
Is this different to a physio?
While there are some similarities, a physiotherapist is different to an Accredited Exercise Physiologist.
For more details see the ESSA website.
- Active Body Conditioning – Exercise Physiologists: Provide exercise physiology services to the general public in Hervey Bay.
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs: Entitled Department of Veterans’ Affairs clients may be referred for clinically necessary exercise physiology treatment on a valid D904 referral form.
- Chronic Disease Management: Doctors refer patients under a CDM referral for chronic diseases (eg diabetes, osteoporosis, etc). See your doctor for further details.
- Private clients: If you require 1-on-1 or small group exercise programs, personal fitness, injury management, weight loss or sports performance, you can visit us without a referral. We treat all clients with needs ranging from weight loss to sports performance to injury rehabilitation. Private health fund rebates may apply. Check with your fund for details.
- Work Cover: Active Body Conditioning Physiologists in Hervey Bay are trained to provide WorkCover services. Doctors referral required.
All exercise physiology sessions are tailored to the individual, taking into account individual differences and injuries and conditions. All new clients will be assessed in detail to ensure our exercise physiologists can provide the best treatment and programming possible.
Call Hervey Bay Health Club today on 4128 9355 and ask to speak to an Exercise Physiologist.